Information About Your Upcoming Appointment
Certified Allergy & Asthma Consultants looks forward to seeing you for your upcoming appointment. Please note the following related to your visit:
- Bring your insurance card and a list of current medications to your visit.
- If you are taking any type of medication with an antihistamine effect, you will need to discontinue these 3 to 5 full days before your visit, as these block skin test reactions. A list of medications that can interfere with allergy testing can be found here.
- NEW PATIENTS ONLY: Do not discontinue antihistamines if they are being used for control of hives, a rash, or swelling.
- To protect our patients with food allergies, we ask that you do not bring any food or drink to your visit.
- Please provide at least 48 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment.
- If this is your first visit with our practice, the appointment will last approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- If your visit will include skin testing for venom allergy (bees, wasps, hornets), please note that if you have been stung in the past 2 weeks you will need to reschedule your visit.
- If you receive allergy injections outside of our office, please bring a copy of your injection record.